I went to see Casino Royale live at the Royal Albert Hall last year and it was utterly spectacular. Since then live screenings of the film (plus orchestra) are popping up in other cities and countries (see full list below), and in December later this year it will be in Manchester, England, UK – hooray!
Tickets are from £32.50 to £65.00 with a £2.50 booking fee.
No information yet as to whether the score’s composer David Arnold (who has often performed the guitar ‘bit’ of the Bond theme, which appears at the end of the film) will be able to attend as well, but if he does make sure you’re there promptly as there’s a high chance that he’d be interviewed beforehand and he’s always very entertaining.
This is the first James Bond film to transfer to the world of live-to-picture concerts and how great that it’s one of David’s brilliant scores.
The Hallé: Casino Royale In Concert
Given the number of scenes taking place in loos and bathrooms in the film the sponsorship by PZ Cussons is rather inspired 🙂
The Bridgewater Hall
Lower Mosley Street
Manchester, M2 3WS
Phone: 0161 907 9000
Casino Royale in Concert[s] elsewhere
– upcoming screenings with live orchestra, from Film Concerts Live!
Click on the Film Concerts Live! link above for all info and tickets.
- 22 July – US, Virginia, Vienna
- 11 October – Canada, Ontario, Toronto
- 12 October – Canada, Ontario, Toronto
- 7 November – Denmark, Odense
- 8 November – Denmark, Aarhus
- 9 November – Denmark, Vejle
- 10 November – Denmark, Copenhagen
- 15 November – Switzerland, Zurich
- 16 November – Germany, Frankfurt
- 17 November – Germany, Wiesbaden
- 29 December – UK, England, Manchester
- and my favourite bit on any David Arnold concert-related page: “Additional dates to be announced soon”