Last year the Prince Charles Cinema in London (Leicester Square) screened all of the James Bond films in sequence and this year they’re doing it again with the addition of the latest in the franchise, Spectre.
Five of the 007 films were scored by David Arnold (marked in bold in the list below) and last year those attending the screening of Casino Royale (not the 1967 one) were treated to a pre-screening interview by Neil Alcock (David Arnold: The Qs and the As (24 June 2015) The Incredible Suit blog) with David, about his work in scoring the film.
007 Retrospective at the Prince Charles Cinema, London
All showings at 8.30pm (but check, in case they do another interview with someone)
- Thunderball – 21 February 2016
- You Only Live Twice – 28 February
- Casino Royale (1967) – 6 March
- On Her Majesty’s Secret Service – 13 March
- Diamonds Are Forever – 20 March
- Live And Let Die – 27 March
- The Man With The Golden Gun – 3 April
- The Spy Who Loved Me – 10 April
- Moonraker – 17 April
- For Your Eyes Only – 24 April
- Never Say Never Again – 1 May
- Octopussy – 8 May
- A View To A Kill – 15 May
- The Living Daylights – 22 May
- License To Kill – 29 May
- Goldeneye – 5 June
- Tomorrow Never Dies – 12 June
- The World Is Not Enough – 19 June
- Die Another Day – 26 June
- Casino Royale – 3 July
- Quantum of Solace – 10 July
- Skyfall – 17 July
- Spectre – 24 July
Ones in bold scored by David Arnold.
“David Arnold’s fifth (and possibly final) score for a Bond film is far and away his best; it elevates an otherwise muddled and disappointing film into a thrilling experience by virtue of being absolutely ****ing ace on every level. The score’s menacing opening tones set up a mood that permeates the entire movie, while the subtlest hints of the Bond theme and the Casino Royale score laced throughout connect Quantum to its prequel.” – Neil Alcock on Quantum of Solace‘s score.
Previous posts on this topic
• [London] 007 Retrospective: screening of all James Bond films at the Prince Charles Cinema (27 December 2014)
• Come and hear @DavidGArnold talk about scoring Casino Royale (+screening) @ThePCCLondon Sun 14 June #JamesBond #007 (3 June 2015)
Neil Alcock’s 2010 interview with David Arnold
An Exclusive Interview With Filmy Musicy Man David Arnold! (1 October 2010) The Incredible Suit blog – Neil’s blog is worth a wander around for Bond fans, it’s also very funny.